It is sweet and salty. Very satisfying and even the most anti-Asian food people will eat it if you call it something like 'hot jerky' or what ever.
- Preparation: 24 hours and 15 minutes.
- This recipe is for 4 – 6 servings.
- ½ cup olive oil or sesame oil
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2½ cups toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider or rice wine is best)
- 2 lbs beef or pork, cut into strips (think beef jerky)
- minced garlic
- minced scallions (to make a spicy version add crushed red pepper flakes to taste)
- Mix all the above ingredients in a shallow dish and refrigerate over night. (if there isn't enough liquid add more soy sauce)
- Remove meat from the marinade. Barbeque or pan fry.
- Serve with rice and stir fried vegies.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.