Stuffed bell peppers
- 1 kg 12 sweet bell peppers
- 500 g (18 oz) mutton or beef
- 100 g rice or ½ cup rice
- 1 egg
- 4 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- black pepper
- bay leaf
- Put meat through a meat-grinder and combine with pre-soaked rice, beaten egg, finely chopped onions, salt and black pepper.
- To make stuffed peppers, remove stems and seeds from bell peppers and fill with meat mixture.
- In a large pot, boil meat bones to make broth, place stuffed bell peppers on top and cook over low heat about 30 minutes.
- Serve 4 – 6 peppers on each plate and top with strained broth.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.