- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 2 x 15 oz cans tomato sauce
- 4 cup water
- 2 cup dry bulgur
- 1 x 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- Remove core from cabbage, place cabbage head in steamer and steam until all leaves are soft and separate easily.
- Saute parsley, onions, celery, seasoning, and garlic in oil substitute until onions are soft.
- Add 2 x 15 oz cans of tomato sauce, 4 cups water and bulgur.
- Cook about ½ hr over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bulgur is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- To stuff cabbage leaves, place a spoonful of mixture in center of each leaf.
- Starting at one side, roll leaf up and fold ends under.
- Place in a deep baking pan.
- Mix the 8 oz can of tomato sauce with ½ cup water and pour over stuffed cabbage leaves so they remain moist during baking.
- Bake at 375 °F for about 30 minutes until cabbage is hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.