- 2¾ cups brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 cups + little bit of water
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoon vanilla
- 7½ cups flour
- 3 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- flour for rolling out bulla
- Dissolve sugar and salt in water, add ginger, margarine and vanilla.
- Sift together all dry ingredients and combine with liquid- gradually.
- Dough must be clammy and heavy.
- Place on floured board and dust with flour until dough is manageable.
- Roll out to a thickness of .75 cm and cut into slices.
- Bake in a 375°F oven until done 20 – 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.