Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The American Heart Association Around The World Cookbook, 1996 by the American Heart Association.
- Serves 5; about 3 ounces fish and ⅓ cup vegetables per serving
- 1 cup small broccoli florets (about 6 ounces)
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchstick-size strips
- ½ cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 x 2-pound dressed rainbow trout, sea trout, or pike
- ½ tsp dried basil, crumbled
- ½ tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook broccoli, carrots, and squash in a saucepan in a small amount of boiling water over high heat for 1 minute.
- Drain and set aside.
- Rinse fish with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- To assemble fish bundle, tear off 1 or 2 pieces of foil large enough to encase the fish.
- Place fish in the middle of the foil.
- In a small bowl, combine basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle half the herb mixture inside the cavity of the fish.
- Arrange vegetables inside and around the fish.
- Sprinkle with remaining herb mixture.
- Bring foil up and around fish; seal tightly.
- Place fish bundle on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- To serve, unwrap fish and place on a serving platter.
- Arrange vegetables around fish.
Nutritional information Edit
- 271 Calories | 39g Protein | 3g Carbs | 10g Total Fat | 3g Saturated Fat | 3g Polyunsaturated Fat | 4g Monounsaturated Fat | 119mg Cholesterol | 237mg Sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.