- 500 g / 1 lb self-raising flour
- 50 g / 2 oz caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 25 g / 1 oz butter
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- oil for deep frying
- Sift flour into a clean bowl and rub in the butter.
- Beat together the eggs, vanilla extract and Sugar.
- Add to the flour and mix into a dropping consistency.
- Scoop up a little at a time into the hollows of your finger and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and serve warm or cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.