- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl combine eggs with 1/4 cup Sugar and beat until thick and lemon-colored.
- Add the oil.
- Combine separately 1-1/2 cups of the flour, the baking powder and the salt.
- Gradually add this to the egg mixture and beat well.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board (use remaining 1/2 cup flour) and knead thoroughly until dough is smooth.
- Shape dough into sixteen balls.
- Roll each one into a circle about 5 inches in diameter.
- Let stand uncovered on waxed paper for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry circles until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with Sugar/cinnamon mixture. Store airtight.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.