- 1 kg green string beans
- 2 tablespoons fat
- 2 onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- red paprika to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- ½ cup hot meat bouillon or water
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped fine
- Wash beans; clean and cut lengthwise; simmer in 1 tablespoon of fat with chopped onion for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Season with salt when they are almost done.
- Make a blond roux from remaining fat and flour; color with paprika.
- Add garlic; pour in bouillon or water and add to beans.
- Sprinkle with dill and parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.