Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 Servings.
- 1½ pounds beef eye round
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 13¾ ounce can ready-to-serve beef broth
- ½ cup burgundy wine
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen whole pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 8-ounce package frozen sugar snap peas
- Trim fat from the beef and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef (half at a time) and brown evenly, stirring occasionally.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth, wine and garlic.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Add carrots and onions.
- Cover and continue cooking for 35 to 40 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Bring beef stew to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in sugar-snap peas.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, or until peas are heated through.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 220
- Fat 6 g
- Carbs 11 g
- Sodium 567 Mg
- Fiber 3 g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.