This flavorful and spicy salad can also be served as a light snack.
- Serves 4 people
- 1 pound fish, filleted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of turmeric
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 bulb lemon grass or 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon cooked oil
- 1 teaspoon roasted chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (or to taste) fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons fried onions
- 1 or 2 limes
- 1 heaping tablespoon fried garlic
- Chop the fish.
- Pound or put through electric blender.
- Add salt and turmeric while pounding/blenderizing until cohesive lump is formed.
- Remove any bones.
- Boil fish lump in water.
- Fish is done when it rises.
- Remove from water.
- Slice fish and make ¼-inch strips.
- Soak onions in water.
- Slice lemon grass finely.
- Put sliced lemon grass in water, taking care to separate the rings from each other.
- You may also use finely chopped coriander leaves in place of lemon grass.
- Right before serving, put the fish, onion, lemon grass (or coriander), cooked oil, roasted chili powder, fish sauce and fried onions in a bowl.
- Squeeze lime and mix well.
- Add salt according to desired taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.