- Makes 6 servings.
- 1 chicken
- 3 large yellow onions
- 1½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric
- 12 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4½ teaspoons dried red chili, crushed
- Place chicken in a large saucepan.
- Cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chicken from saucepan and allow it to cool before removing the skin and bones.
- Shred meat into string-like pieces.
- Cut onion in half and slice thinly.
- Heat oil in a wok and add onions and turmeric. Stir until onion turns dark.
- Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Remove onions and garlic and set aside.
- Leave oil in pan.
- Put chicken shreds in the pan.
- Cook over medium heat. Stir often. Cook for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Drain off oil before adding onions, garlic, salt and chile.
- Continue cooking over moderately low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.