- a few spoonfuls of oil for frying (palm oil is most authentic)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2 - 3 tomatoes, chopped and mashed
- bay leaf
- grated nutmeg (to taste)
- salt, black pepper, red or cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry onions for a few minutes.
- Stir in all other ingredients. Add water as necessary to make a smooth sauce.
- Season to taste. Stir.
- Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat, simmer for ten minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.