- Makes about 2½ dozen cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 30 Hershey's Kisses chocolates
- ½ cup ground almonds, pecans or walnuts
- Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, beating well.
- If necessary, refrigerate dough until firm enough to handle.
- Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in ground nuts.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center.
- Remove from oven; immediately press a chocolate piece into center of each cookie.
- Carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- chocolate should be set before storing.
Orange variation Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.