Description[edit | edit source]
In Romanian: Aluat de unt
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
First dough[edit | edit source]
Second dough[edit | edit source]
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Mix the yolks with the sour cream, wine and salt, add flour and knead well until the dough starts to bubble.
- Let it rest until you prepare the second dough.
- Knead the butter with the flour and leave aside until you roll the first dough into a pencil thin square.
- Then roll the second dough into another slightly smaller, but equally thin square.
- Lay the small square over the big square and then fold three times lengthwise and then three times crosswise.
- Roll the dough into a pencil thin square and fold again, the way explained above.
- Refrigerate for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Again, roll the dough into a square and fold again the same way.
- Again, refrigerate for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Repeat this a third time, then roll into a finger thick sheet and use according to your need.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.