I obtained this recipe from an estate sale when I purchased the family collection from the Sullivan Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 ounce Butterfinger candy bar chopped
- 1 envelope dry Dream Whip topping mix
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup bananas mashed
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 7 ounces fluffy white frosting mix prepared
- 4 ounces Butterfinger candy bar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare rectangular cake pan with cooking spray then set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine cake mix, three ounces of candy bar, whipped topping mix and baking power.
- Stir in bananas, water, egg whites, oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix until moistened then pour batter into prepared pan then bake for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare frosting according to package directions then spread over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle top with remaining candy bar pieces.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.