This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Chung Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup flour for dredging
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Flatten chicken breasts with a wooden meat mallet then slice into large strips.
- Place in a large bowl and cover completely with buttermilk, cayenne and chili powder.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Fill large shallow bowl with flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat large skillet with vegetable oil.
- Dip chicken in seasoned flour then fry in hot oil until golden brown turning once or twice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.