- 30 g butter or margarine
- 160 g sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 15 g flour
- 1 ml salt
- 1 ml vanilla extract
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml buttermilk (cultured is ok)
- Cream butter and Sugar.
- Beat egg yolks one by one into creamed Sugar and butter.
- Add the flour, salt and milk alternately to the batter, mixing well after every addition.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Fold in stiffly beaten whites and bake one hour in deep bowl at 180 °C.
- Serve with strawberry sauce of your choice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.