- 2 lb butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup apple cider
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- milk or cream
- Heat the butter in a soup pot and saute the onions until they are softened.
- Add the squash and apples and the ground ginger.
- Add the cider and stock, cover and cook until softened, about 25 minutes or longer.
- Blend the soup, thinning with additional stock if needed.
- Add heated milk or cream just before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.