Prep Time: 30-45 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 3 pounds of Butternut Squash peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4 inch cubes (about 2 medium whole ones)
- 2 tablspoons Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups of sliced Leeks (the pale green parts only)
- 1 Cup of Milk or Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 5.5 oz log of Goat Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Chopped Pecans
- 2-3 tblspoons of Butter
- Microwave the whole Butternut Squash one at a time for 2–3 minutes. This will soften it up and make it easier to cut open.
- Cut open lengthwise, scoop out the insides and peel. Cut into 1/4 inc cubed pieces.
- Mix in a large mixing bown with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper (as much or as little as you like).
- Pour squash cubes out onto a large baking dish and bake for 25-20 min at 450 degrees.
- While Swash is baking, Saute Leeks in a large skillet with butter for 10–15 minutes until cooked (but not brown).
- Spread a layer of butter on bottom of Casserole Dish. Then add half of the Leek mixture, followed by a layer of Butternut Squash pieces, and a Layer of Goat Cheese. Repeat with a second layer of all three.
- Add the cup of Milk. Sprinkle the Pecans on top.
- You can make the above part up to 24 hours in advance
- Bake for 30 min at 375 degress (45 min if previously chilled) until cheese is melted and milk is bubbling).
- Serve immediately!
Notes & Tips Edit
- Buy Butternut Squash pre-peeled and chopped. It will save you a lot of prep time. They have bags at Trader Joes.
- Hazelnuts or Walnuts can be substituted for the Pecans
- Heavy Whipping Cream, Half & Half or Skim Milk can be used depending on desired creaminess/healthiness
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.