Contributed by Closet Cooking
- Serves: 2 servings
- ½ pound pasta
- 6 slices bacon (cut into 1 inch slices)
- 2 cups squash (cut into small pieces)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sage (chopped)
- pepper to taste
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup parmigiano reggiano
- Start cooking the pasta.
- Fry the bacon in a pan.
- Drain most of the fat from the pan but reserve some to cook the squash.
- Add the squash, garlic, sage and pepper and toss to coat in the bacon grease.
- Mix the egg yolk, heavy cream and parmigiano reggiano in a bowl.
- Drain the cooked pasta keeping some of the water.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss.
- Remove the pan from the heat and wait for the sizzling to stop.
- Add the egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Add a bit of the pasta water and toss to mix and coat.
- Garnish with more sage & serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.