- 4 cups frozen Silver Queen or other sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 4 cups peeled and diced butternut squash
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp chicken-flavored broth powder
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb firm tofu, diced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 scallions, minced, for garnish
- Place corn in blender or food processor, and purée until coarse.
- Transfer corn to heavy saucepan, and add squash, garlic, salt, pepper, water and broth powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook until squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat large skillet over medium heat, and add oil.
- Toss diced tofu in flour, and sauté until browned on all sides.
- Add pine nuts, and sauté 1 minute more.
- When squash is tender, add tofu and pine nuts, stir and continue cooking 5 minutes. Remove from heat, garnish with scallions and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.