This great, divine dessert has two ingredients - butterscotch and real bananas. But this is as rich as it can get when it comes to the cakes and it keeps a sweet, fine aroma with the real fruit.
- 1 ¾ cups (11-ounce package) butterscotch flavored morsels, divided
- 1 package (18.5 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water, lukewarm or hot only
- ½ cup granulated sugar, brown only
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 10-cup Bundt or round tube pan.
- Microwave 1 1/3 cups morsels in a medium, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Combine cake mix, eggs, bananas, vegetable oil, water and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat on low speed until moistened.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir 2 cups batter into melted morsels. Alternately spoon the batters into a prepared Bundt or round-tube pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in a pan for 20 minutes; invert onto the wire rack to cool completely.
- Place remaining morsels in a small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on medium-high power for 30 seconds; knead.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a tiny corner from a bag; squeeze to drizzle over the cake. Serve warm and plain or with other fruits or desserts but cut into individual serving pieces as triangles with the cake knife or the kitchen knife then transfer to a dessert plate.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.