- Steam the eggplant and cabbage in a large Dutch oven or steamer until the eggplant is soft and the cabbage is tender yet still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly and cool.
- Cut the eggplant into bite-size cubes, and chop the cabbage into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggplant, cabbage, tofu cubes, and carrot.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage-eggplant mixture and combine well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.