- 16 medium cabbage leaves
- boiling water
- 1 tsp salt per liter water
- 500 g (1 pound) ground beef
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 4 tsp potato starch
- 3 – 4 dl full fat milk
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 5 dl boiling, lightly-salted water
- Parboil the cabbage in lightly-salted boiling water about 2 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Cut out the thick stem part.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Mix the ground beef with salt and potato starch.
- Gradually add milk and season with spices.
- Place a spoonful of the meat mixture onto each cabbage leaf.
- Wrap the leaf around the meat to form a small package.
- Place the cabbage rolls in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the water and place the dish in a water bath.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.