- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ea garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- ¾ cup uncooked raw rice
- 200 g ground beef or veal
- 200 g ground pork
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 whole head cabbage
- boiling water
- 2 cups beef broth or stock
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Stew chopped onion and garlic in butter in a large skillet for 3-5 mins.
- Add rice, meat, salt, and pepper.
- Stir just to mix well.
- Remove from heat and remove core from cabbage.
- Place whole head in a large kettle filled with boiling water.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes and remove softened outer leaves.
- Take out all large leaves cut thick center stem from each leaf.
- Take one large cabbage leaf at a time,put 1 rounded tablespoonful of meat mixture in center of a leaf.
- Roll leaves and put stuffed cabbage leaves with seam down close to each other on a frying pan.
- Do not make more than 2 layers.
- Combine beef broth and mushroom soup; * pour over cabbage rolls.
- Bake in a well heated oven for 1½ hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.