In Romanian: Varza dulce cu carne de vaca
- 1 lb / 500 g fatty beef
- 1 medium cabbage
- 2 onions (optional)
- 2 peppers
- 2½ tablespoons lard
- 1 cup borş
- 5 – 6 big tomatoes
- Cut the meat in bite sizes, fry in lard until it starts to brown, cover with tepid water and let it boil slowly about an hour.
- During this time, chop the cabbage, add a little salt and squeeze all excess water.
- Place on top of the meat.
- Add the thinly sliced peppers, onions and tomatoes.
- Add the borş.
- Let it bake in the over at least one hour.
- If necessary, add a little water or tomato sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.