Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 12 Servings
- 6 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- 1 pound lean smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 4 McCormick™ bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick™ thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick™ garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon McCormick™ ground black pepper
- 2 cups instant rice
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In a 3½ or 4-quart crockery slow cooker, place sausage, peppers, onions, celery, tomatoes, bouillon, bay leaves,thyme and garlic powder.
- Stir to blend well.
- Top with chicken and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Add rice; stir gently, yet thoroughly to blend.
- Cover and cook 15 – 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove bay leaves and chicken bones before serving.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per one serving:
- About 249 calories | fat 9 g | protein 22 g | carbohydrate 20 g | cholesterol 79 mg | sodium 738 mg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.