Makes 4 generous servings
- 1½ to 2 pounds choice chicken pieces
- salt, ground black pepper, and paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Brown on all sides in oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Pour off fat.
- Return 1 tablespoon fat to skillet.
- Add celery, onions, green pepper and garlic.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add flour; stir.
- Add rice, black pepper, red pepper, broth and Worcestershire sauce; stir.
- Place chicken pieces in skillet.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Serve withhot pepper sauce, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.