- 2 Tbs soybean oil
- 2 cups chopped onions (about 2 large)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 3 Tbs soy flour
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Chicken flavor vegetarian broth
- 1 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 (8 oz.) package soy sausage-style links
- 8 oz. firm frozen tofu, thawed
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 8 cups cooked rice
- While oil is heating, squeeze thawed tofu of all water. It will be dry and crumbly. * Tear into shredded-like pieces or chunks.
- Add cans of broth.
- Raise heat to high and stir to loosen any brown bits from flour.
- Add green pepper.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil, about 3 minutes.
- Slice the soy links into 1/2-inch thick circles and add to soup pot along with tofu pieces, tomatoes and all spices.
- Cover and boil until the green pepper is tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve stew immediately over cooked rice.
- Yield: 8 servings. Serving size: 1 cup cajun stew over 1 cup rice. Per serving: 356 calories, 7 g fat (1 g sat fat), 15 g protein (8.5 g soy protein), 56 g carbohydrate, 600 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol,
3 g dietary fiber.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.