Description[edit | edit source]
I like this with a green salad for a quick weeknight meal. It's also lower in fat and calories. 15 minutes marinating time is included in the prep time.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¾ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1¼ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ lbs baking potatoes, thickly sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb total)
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In a medium bowl, combine the first seven ingredients (buttermilk through mustard) and ½ tsp of the salt.
- Place potatoes in another medium bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp of the buttermilk marinade to the potatoes; toss to coat and set aside.
- Marinate chicken in remaining marinade for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken then potatoes in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ tsp salt.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.