These cake brownies are somewhat less dense and almost cake-like compared to brownies made using store-bought cake mixes.
- Cake Brownies from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: About 20
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2.4 dl) sugar
- ½ cup (120 g) margarine
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- ¾ cup (180 g/1.8 dl) flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup (120 g/1.2 dl) chopped walnuts or other nuts (optional)
- Beat eggs until light.
- Add sugar, melted margarine and cocoa. Blend.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour into a 9" x 9" (23 cm x 23 cm) greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F / 175°C.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.