Exotic Vegetables from Fruit and Veggies Matter's Vegetable of the Month by the US Centers for Disease Control Prevention—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- Each serving equals 1/2 cup fruit or vegetables.
- 1½ lb calabaza squash, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup low-fat milk (1%)
- Simmer all the ingredients except the milks in 5 cups of water for 1 hour.
- Strain the liquid into a bowl and allow the solids to cool.
- Purée the cooled solids.
- Return the puree to the soup pot along with the stained liquid and add the milks.
- Simmer, uncovered, until the mixture is thickened to your desired consistency.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.