This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 quarts cold water
- ½ lb of linguica sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound kale, rinsed and thin cut or julienne
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and cook, stirring constantly, 3 or 4 minutes more.
- Pour in water, bring to a boil, and let boil gently for 20 minutes, until potatoes are real mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook sausage until it has release most of its fat, 10 minutes.
- Mash potatoes or puree.
- Add the sausage, salt and pepper into the soup and return to medium heat.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir kale into soup and simmer, until kale is tender and jade green.
- Stir in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and serve at once.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.