For garlic lovers Only!! Although you may reduce amount of garlic.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Original recipe
- Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 chicken, cut in 8 pieces (about 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves, or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 40 cloves garlic, separated, peeled
- 4 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a medium baking dish with olive oil flavored nonstick pan spray.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and brush with oil.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano, salt, and pepper over the chicken.
- Spread the garlic cloves, celery, onion, and parsley over and around the chicken.
- Pour the wine and lemon juice into the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving: (2 pieces chicken with skin)
- Calories: 350 | Fat: 18 g | Cholesterol: 111 mg | Sodium: 413 mg | Carbohydrate: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 37 g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 5 Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.