pineapple provides the perfect counterpoint to the lush texture and subtle, nutty flavor of California avocado in this versatile relish. Serve it with grilled meat, poultry or layer it on a Turkey, Ham, or Cheese sandwich.
- ½ Cup diced pineapple, fresh or canned
- ¼ Cup finely chopped Onion
- 1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped, fresh mint
- ¼ tsp salt
- Large pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 California avocado (8 ounces), diced
Combine pineapple with next 5 ingredients.
Gently fold in avocado.
Let chill 1 hour to marry flavors.
Best served the day it's made.