- 4 oz anchovy filets
- 4 each garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive or avocado oil
- ⅓ cups fresh lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks (optional)
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces (12 cups)
- 2 cups grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 6 cups croutons
- 3 California avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
- Crush anchovies and garlic in a small bowl and add dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, oil, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Place lettuce in large salad bowl and toss with dressing.
- Add cheese and croutons and gently toss again.
- Top with avocado slices.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.