- ½ cup sesame oil
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, skinned, cooked and shredded
- 8 green onions, finely chopped
- vegetable oil as needed
- 5 oz rice sticks (mei fun)
- 4 oz peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 5 California avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
- In small bowl, mix together sesame oil, cider vinegar, soy sauce, salt and garlic powder.
- Set aside.
- Place shredded chicken and onions in a large mixing bowl.
- Reserve half cup of oil and vinegar mixture and add the remaining portion to the chicken and chopped onions.
- Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Put 4 inches of vegetable oil into deep skillet and heat to 375°f over medium heat.
- Fry the rice sticks, a small amount at a time.
- Remove as soon as puffed.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In medium bowl, toss the shredded lettuce with the reserved oil and vinegar mixture.
- When ready to serve, toss chicken, lettuce, rice sticks and peanuts together.
- Top with California avocado slices.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.