- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 California avocado (8 ounces), diced
- 1½ pounds frozen hash browns with onion
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 6 Tbsp sour cream for garnish
- 3 Tbsp prepared tomato salsa for garnish
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro for garnish
- Gently mix lemon juice with avocado; reserve.
- In a large frying pan, cook potatoes in hot oil, turning frequently, until tender and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold avocado into hash browns and continue cooking until well browned, about 3 minutes.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and ½ tablespoon salsa.
- Sprinkle each with ½ teaspoon cilantro.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.