- 2½ oz Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1½ cups puréed California avocado
- 4 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup tequila
- 3 tbsp triple sec
- 1 baked pie shell, 9 to 10 inches
- In a heavy saucepan, thoroughly mix gelatin, ¾ cup sugar, and salt.
- Stir in avocado puree, lime juice, and egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Chill mixture, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- When gelatin mixture is ready, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; beat in sugar.
- Lightly stir 1 cup egg white into gelatin mixture to lighten;.
- Fold gelatin mixture into egg whites until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour into baked pie shell; chill until firm.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.