This version of an old standard has a contemporary twist. Fresh avocado in crunchy, spicy sauce makes a cocktail sure to be a taste pleaser for those in search of flavor.
- 2 tbsp thick, chunky tomato salsa
- 2 tbsp seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp diced seedless cucumber
- 1 ½ tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- 2 California avocados (1 pound), diced
- 30 large (21 to 25 count per pound), cooked shrimp with tails
- 6 lime slices for garnish
- 6 sprigs cilantro for garnish
- Thoroughly combine salsa and next 5 ingredients; gently fold in avocado.
- Chill mixture 1 hour to marry flavors. (Mixture is best served the day it's made.)
- To serve, divide avocado mixture among 6 stemmed glasses.
- Hang 5 Shrimp, tails outside glass, around each rim.
- Garnish each with 1 twisted lime slice and 1 sprig cilantro.
Shrimp Cocktail Videos Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.