- 3 Pounds Shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined
- 5 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 8 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 or 3small red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 heads leaf lettuce
- 6 California avocados, seeded, peeled and cut into 8 slices
- celery seed dressing (recipe follows)
- celery seed Dressing
- Yield: 3 cups
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Onion, minced
- ¾ Cup white vinegar
- 2 Cups oil
- 2 Tbsp celery seed
Arrange lettuce on individual serving plates.
Just before serving, slice avocados and arrange on salad plate.
Generously drizzle dressing on each salad before serving.
Add first four ingredients to blender or small mixing bowl.
Slowly add part of vinegar, blend or mixing at medium speed.
Add celery seed.