- 4 cups fat free chicken broth, divide in half
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 large ripe California avocados, seeded, peeled and chopped
- In large pot with lid, heat 1 cup broth, onion, green onions, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- When boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add remaining broth and zucchini and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and allow to cool slightly.
- In food processor, puree zucchini, broth and avocado in batches.
- Return to pan and warm gently.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.