Just beyond the famous coastal landmarks lie the rich inland valleys of California. Incorporating goat cheese and pistachios, this very California guacamole satisfies a regional preference for fresh and flavorful.
Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible. For short-term storage, seal in an airtight container with a piece of plastic wrap against the surface of the guacamole.
- 2 California avocados, about 1 pound
- ½ cup finely crumbled, chilled, fresh white goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. chopped, toasted pistachio nuts
- ¼ tsp. crushed, red pepper flakes
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Coarsely mash avocados.
- Fold in remaining ingredients. Reserve the homemade guacamole in the refrigerator but spoon this into a large bowl. This guacamole will be served with chips, seafood, meat, or poultry.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 tablespoons per bowl