I obtained this recipe from an estate sale when I purchased the family collection from the Monsey Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup medium ground hazelnuts
- ½ cup medium ground toasted almonds
- 3½ tablespoons pastry flour
- 2½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 2½ tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1¾ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the hazelnuts, almonds, flour, sugar and butter with a paddle in a mixer until just combined but slightly crumbly.
- Press dough into a round cake pan going about one third up the side of the pan.
- Place the brown sugar, eggs, egg yolk and baking powder in a mixer with paddle and blend.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 50 minutes then allow to cool and set in the pan for 15 minutes before inverting onto serving platter.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with whipped cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.