Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes at least 8 rolls to serve 6 – 8
- 3 cups cooked sushi (short-grain) rice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 2 tsp ume plum vinegar (available in health food stores)
- 1 tbsp mirin (rice cooking wine)
- carrots, avocados, cucumbers, green onions or any choice of vegetables for centers
- nori sheets (seaweed paper)
- Cook rice with sea salt.
- Mix the vinegars and mirin and add to rice while it is still hot.
- Blend and refrigerate.
- Make the sushi vegetable centers by dicing or cutting vegetables into sticks.
- Use any combination of vegetables that you like.
- Using a straw sushi mat or a piece of plastic wrap, place a sheet of nori flat.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the rice mixture on the nori, arranging it about an inch from one edge.
- Place some of the vegetable mixture in the rice and roll tightly.
- Place the roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, cut into 1½- to 2-inch pieces.
- Serve with tamari or soy sauce that has been mixed with a small amount of wasabi horseradish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.