Real vegetables, ground beef, and cheese mix well and cook as it is then made with rice, herbs, and spices, is baked to a smooth aroma, and provides the vegetable-based dish with some bold zest.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 small zucchinis, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups cooked rice, white only
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded American or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 large fresh tomato, sliced
- cheese slices (Cheddar, Asiago, or Colby), optional
- Cook beef, zucchini, and onions in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender crisp, stirring frequently.
- Add rice, ½ cup cheese, garlic powder, ground black pepper, chili powder, and sour cream; turn into a buttered 2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange tomato slices on top; sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot and plain but top with the cheese slices, if desired, and cut into serving pieces with the kitchen knife.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.