- 1 whole chicken
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 stalks celery (with leaves)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, sliced
- Wash chicken and place in large soup pot.
- Add water up to the top of the chicken.
- Add bouillon cubes, celery stalks, onion and pepper (to taste).
- Bring to boil, cover and let simmer for 3 hours.
- Be sure not to burn the bottom.
- Remove vegetables and chicken.
- Break up the chicken meat into small pieces with a fork and put back into the soup.
- Continue to lightly simmer the soup while you prepare the pasta in a separate pan, then add pasta to soup.
- While cooking the pasta, boil the carrots in a pan for about 30 minutes and add to the soup.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.