- 1 bundle callaloo bush (dasheen bush ), or substitute with spinach
- 10 ochroes (or substitute with canned ochroes )
- 3 stalks chive
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt, pepper
- chicken bouillon cube
- Tabasco sauce (or float a red hot chili pepper on top of callaloo)
- Worcestershire sauce
- coconut milk
- Clean callaloo bush ( or spinach).
- Remove skin from callaloo stalks as well as the ribs from the leaves.
- Clean and cut up ochroes and add to callaloo bush.
- Cut up onion, chive and garlic and add.
- In a large pot melt the butter and add the callaloo mixture.
- Turn leaves until they change colour, now add salt, pepper, a few drops of Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce ( or use hot pepper to float on top of callaloo while it is cooking, making sure it does not burst, or the callaloo will be too hot ) and the crumbled chicken bouillon cube.
- Add coconut milk and cook callaloo until the seeds of the ochroes have turned slightly pink.
- Either swivel by hand with a swivel stick, or put in a blender and blend for 3 separate seconds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.