- 3 bundles callaloo or 3 bunches fresh spinach, washed, tough ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk (available in Asian markets and gourmet shops)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- ¼ pound hubbard or acorn squash, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ¼ pound margarine
- ½ habanero chile, seeds and stem removed, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a stockpot or soup pot, combine all the ingredients and boil for 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- If too thick, add more coconut milk.
- Remove from the heat, cool, and puree in a blender in small batches.
- Reheat the soup and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.