- 2 lbs of fresh shrimp (medium or small size)
- 1 Catupiry cheese or 1 lb of Philly
- 1 can of hearts of palm, thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 large, juicy tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- salt and pepper
- 10-15 whole peppercorns
- Parmesan cheese to sprinkle
- lime juice
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spread cheese over bottom and sides of 13 x 9 pyrex.
- Peel, devein and wash shrimp, chop, and sprinkle with lime juice and salt.
- Leave in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Chop tomatoes into big chunks and puree in blender.
- Saute onion in olive oil until limp, add shrimp, cover and bring to a simmer.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, green onions and whole peppercorns.
- Simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Dissolve corn starch in milk.
- Add hearts of palm and milk to shrimp, stir for a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour shrimp mixture into pyrex.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted (about 15 minutes).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.